- First vintage of production: 1998
- Grape varieties: Corvina 50% Corvinone 10%, Rondinella 10%, Croatina 15%, Oseleta 15%
- Geographical area: Veneto - Italy - North-east of Verona, on the hill that separates Montorio from Valle d’Illasi.
- Total extension of the vineyards: 27 hectares in modern, vertical trellis.
- Age of planting: From 1960 until 1999
- Soil composition: Calcareous with red clay and tufo
- Planting density: 6500 in trellis
- Yield per plant: 0.5/1kg
- Harvest: from the 3rd to the 29th of September
- Vintage climate: The year begins with a long drought, a very warm early April, leading to a fast development of the buds, followed by some rainy weeks that makes the temperature remain below average until July. In August, the temperatures rise again and the land dries quickly. The maturation is very early, the quantity of the grapes is below the average but the quality is high. Great vintage.
- Winemaking technique
Only the best grapes from the best vintages are used for this wine. The grapes are dried for 150 days, then gently crashed and fermented in open tonneaux for about two months. after the gently pressing, they rest foe maturation in new tonneaux for 2 years. The wine is aged in bottle for one year before release.
- Enochemical characteristics
Alcohol: 14.5% vol
Total acidity: 715
Sugar: 10,5 %