- First vintage of production: 1997
- Grape varieties: Corvine 50%, Cabernet Sauvignon 50%.
- Geographical area: Veneto - Italy - North-east of Verona, on the hill that separates Montorio from Valle d’Illasi.
- Total extension of the vineyards: 27 hectares of modern vertical trellis.
- Age of planting: since 1970.
- Soil composition: calcareous with red clay and tufo
- Planting density: 5/7000 in trellis
- Harvest: September 3rd to October 5th
- Yield per plant: 1 kg
- Vintage climate: The summer started quite early and the maturation of grapes developed already in the middle of June changing color. After that the season continued hot and with no storm till September when some rains didn’t compromise at all the good harvest. The particular event of this year is the low level of PH, it will determinate a great maturation for the red wines in longer time.
- Winemaking technique: We harvest the Cabernet sauvignon about one week before the Corvina. Both grapes are placed in drying, the Cabernet is pressed after two weeks, while the Corvina is left to dry for three weeks. Separate vinification and rest for 18 months in new tonneau for the Cabernet and 1-2 years old tonneau for the Corvina. After the assembly we wait for a few month before bottling.
- Maturation: 18 months.
- Enochemical characteristics
Alcohol: 13.09 % vol
Total acidity: 6.1
Sugar: 5.8 g/l