- First vintage of production: 2003 - Demeter Certified since 2014
- Grape varieties: Corvina e Corvinone 80%, Rondinella 10% e Barbera 10%.
- Geographical area: Veneto - Italy - North-east of Verona, on the hill that separates Montorio from Valle d’Illasi.
- Total extension of the vineyards: 27 hectares of the modern vertical trellis.
- Age of planting: since 1960 to 2001
- Soil composition: calcareous with red clay and tufo
-Planting density: 5/7000 in trellis
- Harvest: from September 3rd to October 10th.
- Yield per plant: 2 kg
- Vintage climate: Year 2015 was really special and it was characterized by a very intense light and by the sun, a long lasting summer heat.
Mostly the light depended by the cosmic cycle condition of the sun, repeating every 15 years and having reached the top this year.
After a mild winter and a regular spring, the strong rain falls in June brought some hail to a couple of vineyards, but, thanks to the following dry season we recovered completely and we reached September with unforgettable grapes: a great year!
- Winemaking technique: Maceration and fermentation on the skin for 12-15 days on a 20 -26° C temperature. Periodic pumping over, malolactic fermentation, transfer into big barrels of 3500 liters and cement tanks
- Maturation: 12 months
- Enochemical characteristics
Alcohol: 13.06% vol
Total acidity: 6.30
Sugar: 3.8 g/l
Extract: 28.7 g/l