- First vintage of production: 2006
- Grape varieties: Corvina 45%, Corvinone 40%, Rondinella 10%, Oseleta 5%
- Geographical area: Veneto - Italy - North-east of Verona on the hill that separates Montorio from Valle d’Illasi
- Total extension of the vineyards in the estate: 27 hectares in modern vertical trellis
- Age of planting: Since 1960 to 2001
- Soil composition: Calcareous with red clay and tufo
- Planting density: 5/7000 in trellis
- Harvest: from September 1st to October 5th
- Yield per plant: 1 kg
- Vintage climate: Cold and dry winters. In March the high temperatures move the sprouts well in advance, flowering starts already in the middle of May. In early summer we had persistent rains, which cools the productivity. Hot and dry summer, with almost no rainfall. The harvest begin in late August and goes on until the end of September. Excellent year..
- Winemaking technique: The healthiest, ripest bunches of picked grapes undergo a unique drying process (Appassimento) that take place, on plateaux, in a well naturally ventilated loft. The grapes lose at least the 50% of their original weight thereby concentrating sugar, aromatic compounds and noble tannins. In January grapes are gently crushed and the fermentation starts at winter low natural temperature (13-17 C) Transfer to oak barrels of 700, 1500 and 2000 liters of various origins and composition and age, mostly from Allier forest. The wine remains at least 8 months in bottles before release.
- Enochemical characteristics
Alcohol 15.75 % vol.
Total acidity 6.25 g/l
Sugar 6.50 g/l
Extract 33.80 g/l
- Enjoy to drink
Stewed meat, roast of red meats, seasoned cheeses
agreeable also as a meditation wine
- Tasting notes
Ruby red color with purple rim. Deep nose of cherries and little red fruits. Full bodied and ripe tannins on mouth, liquorices aftertaste.