- First vintage of production: 1993
- Grape varieties: Corvina e Corvinone 85%, Rondinella 10% e Barbera 5%.
- Geographical area: north-east of Verona, on the hill that separates Montorio from Valle d’Illasi.
- Total extension of the vineyards: 27 hectares of modern guyot vertical trellis + 8 hectares of traditional "pergola" + 20 rented hectares guyot vertical trellis
- Age of planting: since 1960 to 2015.
- Soil composition: calcareous with red clay and tufo
- Planting density: 6.500 in trellis and 4.500 in Pergola
- Harvest: from September 13th to October 3rd .
- Yield per plant: 2 kg
- Vintage climate: 2015 vintage was really special and it was characterised by a very intense light and by the sun, a long lasting summer heat. Mostly the light dependent by the cosmic circle condition of the sun, repeating every 15 years and having reached the top this year. After a mild winter and a regular spring, the strong rain falls in June brought some hail to a couple of vineyards, but, thanks to the following dry season we recovered completely and we reached September with unforgettable grapes: a great year!
- Winemaking technique: 100% of Valpolicella superiore is "ripassato" on not pressed skins of Amarone to earn colour and structure. Maceration of the moust-peel for 12-15 days on an independent temperature. Regular remontages and then transfered to French oak barrels of 350, 500, 3500 lt .Malolactic fermentation
- Maturation: 12 months
- Enochemical characteristics:
Alcohol: 13.75% vol
Total acidity: 6.60
Sugar: 3.90 g/l
- Tasting notes: Ruby red color. Elegant nose with notes of red fruits and spices mixed with the fine wood aroma. Full bodied on palate, and balance between acidity and tannis.