- First vintage of production: 2003 - Demeter Certified since 2014
- Grape varieties: Corvina e Corvinone 85%, Rondinella 10% e Barbera 5%.
- Geographical area: Veneto - Italy - North-east of Verona, on the hill that separates Montorio from Valle d’Illasi.
- Total extension of the vineyards: 27 hectares of the modern guyot vertical trellis + 8 hectares of traditional "Pergola" + 20 rented hectares in guyot vertical trellis
- Age of planting: since 1960 to 2015
- Soil composition: calcareous with red clay and tufo
-Planting density: 6500 in trellis and 4500 in Pergola
- Harvest: from September 3rd to October 10th.
- Yield per plant: 2 kg
- Vintage climate: 2016 is THE VINTAGE! It happens every 10/12 years only. Very regular winter and spring. Summer gently hot with some regular and soft rains in the perfect moments. This great balance in the vineyards gave us the possibility to have one of the best wine we ever produced!
- Winemaking technique: Maceration and fermentation on the skin for 12-15 days at a quiet indipendent temperature. Carefully decanted, malolactic fermentation, transfered into big barrels of 3500 lt and cement tanks.
- Maturation: 12 months
- Enochemical characteristics
Alcohol: 13.90% vol
Total acidity: 6.45
Sugar: 3.5 g/l
Extract: 27.40 g/l
- Tasting notes: Ruby red colour. Freshness and integrity of fruit give character to this medium bodied wine, pleasant and with an elegant dried flowers aftertaste.