- First vintage of production: 1993
- Grape varieties: Corvina e Corvinone 70%, Rondinella 20% e Barbera 10%.
- Geographical area: north-east of Verona, on the hill that separates Montorio from Valle d’Illasi.
- Total extension of the vineyards: 27 hectares of modern vertical trellis.
- Age of planting: since 1960 to 2001.
- Soil composition: calcareous with red clay and tufo
- Planting density: 5/7000 in trellis
- Harvest: from September 13th to October 3rd .
- Yield per plant: 1 kg
- Vintage climate: The winter was characterized by heavy snowfall in the mountains and not particularly rigid temperatures. The spring will be remembered as one of the wettest seasons in history, the melting snow filling rivers, the groundwater, the frequent and intense rain caused severe damage to agriculture and to the people, partly because of the flood of May. After two months of rain, at the end of June, temperatures and weather conditions returned to normal for the season and finally the development of the screw occurred on a regular basis, even if a bit late. The summer, apart from a few days of intense heat proceeded with mild temperatures, also considered the beginning of the season, not pushed much the ripening of the grapes, which in September, when it began to rain again was not ready yet. So began a pretty difficult harvest. The rains, the constant humidity and warm temperature made our life more difficult than usual, but a very accurate selection and a great care allowed us to obtain good and very elegant wines.
- Winemaking technique: 15% of Corvina’s grapes is dried for 4 weeks, 20% of all fresh grapes are directly vinificated. The 65% is “ripassato” on not pressed skins of Amarone to earn colour and structure. Maceration of the must-peel for 12-15 days on a temperature between 20-26°C Regular remontages We drawn off the skins from the must. Malolactic fermentation. Transfer to French oak barrels of 350, 500, 1500 lt .
- Maturation: 12 months
- Enochemical characteristics
Alcohol: 13.55 % vol
Total acidity: 6.10
Sugar: 5.10 g/l