- First vintage of production: 1995
- Grape varieties: Corvina e Corvinone 70%, Rondinella 20% e Barbera 10%.
- Geographical area: north-east of Verona, on the hill that separates Montorio from Valle d’Illasi.
- Total extension of the vineyards: 27 hectares of modern vertical trellis.
- Age of planting: since 1960 to 2001.
- Soil composition: calcareous with red clay and tufo
- Planting density: 5/7.000 in trellis
- Harvest: from September 13th to October 3rd .
- Yield per plant: 2 kg
- Vintage climate: Year 2014 will probably be remembered for long time. After an unusually mild winter, the spring was quite regular. In early July it began to rain and never stopped! Two record months of rain, 21 days in July and 19 in August. From the middle of September we had sunny days that helped the harvest and the selection of the grapes. A lot of scrapped, important acidity, but the quality has been achieved with extreme care. Very difficult vintage
- Winemaking technique: 15% of Corvina’s grapes is dried for 4 weeks, 20% of all fresh grapes are directly vinificated. The 65% is “ripassato” on not pressed skins of Amarone to earn colour and structure. Maceration of the must-peel for 12-15 days on a temperature between 20-26°C Regular remontages We drawn off the skins from the must. Malolactic fermentation. Transfer to French oak barrels of 350, 500, 1500 lt .
- Maturation: 12 months
- Enochemical characteristics
Alcohol: 13.89 % vol
Total acidity: 6.35
Sugar: 4.20 g/l